If you are experiencing harassment, threats or domestic violence, you need to seek help urgently from our team of experienced lawyers.
Solidum Solicitors can give you advice about making an urgent application to court to protect you as soon as practicable. We are responsive in a crisis and can take immediate action.
The non-molestation orders can be made without the other person being informed of your application until after the court order has been made and served on them. These prohibit the other person from using or threatening violence, or being abusive, harassing or pestering you.
The court can also make an order limiting and defining the occupation of your home. The court can prohibit the other person from coming into your bedroom or it can exclude the other person from the home altogether, even if he or she is the legal owner of that home.
If you are a victim of domestic violence, Solidum Solicitors can advise you do the following:
- Report any incidents to the police;
- Go to your GP or hospital if you have been assaulted;
- Ask a trusted person to take photographs of any injuries;
- If abusive messages (voice or text) are left on your telephone, then keep the messages;
- Make diary notes so that you can recall the dates and incidents.
For further information, please speak to our team members in the Family Law Department on 02089125241.