Tier 5 of the Points Based System is designed for the immigrants who come to the UK on a temporary basis and have a job offer from a licensed sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship.
There are currently six different categories under Tier 5:
- Temporary Workers- Creative and Sporting;
- Temporary Workers- Charity Workers;
- Temporary Workers- Religious Workers;
- Temporary Workers- Government Authorised Exchange;
- Temporary Workers- International Agreement; and
- Youth Mobility Scheme
The Youth Mobility Scheme has been designed to help young nationals of certain countries to gain entry clearance to live and work in the UK for a maximum of 24 months.
Nationals of following countries are eligible to participate in the scheme:
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
The scheme is also open to British Overseas Citizens, British Overseas Territories Citizens and British Nationals (Overseas).