If a problem arises at work, whether you are an employer or employee, you need a solicitor to assist you. The years of experience we have enables us to deliver good solutions for the various issues in relation to the employment matters.
Solidum Solicitors has experience in dealing with every aspect of Employment Law. Employment Law is a complex and frequently altered area of law influenced by developments in the EU.
Our team has experience in representing clients at the Tribunal and before the Court. We advise on:
- Unfair, Wrongful & Constructive Dismissal
- Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- Employment Contracts
- Harassment, Bullying and Intimidation in the work place
- Equal Rights
- Compromise Agreements
- Disputes over pay and employment contracts
We advise employees on how to manage and resolve problems both independently, and through our assistance in mediation and alternative dispute resolution procedures.
We offer our services with the highest level of consideration and care at all times. We also aim to keep costs manageable throughout the course of our work for you. Unfair Dismissal A dismissal can be unfair for any of the following reasons:
- The employer does not have a fair reason for dismissing the employee;
- The employer does not have a good reason for dismissing you;
- The employer did not follow the correct procedures when dismissing the employee; or
- The employee is dismissed for one of the automatically unfair reasons for example because you asked for flexible working. In order to make a claim in the employment tribunal, an employee needs to have been employed for 51 weeks and 1 day and where employment started after the 6th April 2012 the period of employment has to be at least 103 weeks and 1 day, unless there has been an ‘automatic’ unfair dismissal, in which case there is no qualifying period of employment.